One of the many benefits of a Not for Profit community-based children’s centre is the opportunity for parents and staff to govern the Centre together.
Setting of strategic directions
- Monitoring changes in government policy and community attitudes
- Informing themselves in order to exercise judgement about management and its processes
- Addressing issues relating to risk management
- Approving major investments
- Reviewing performance against targets and objectives
- Developing and monitoring policies which provide direction and boundaries for both its own and the Director’s functions
- In all its dealings, the Board will maintain high ethical standards and a commitment to Social Justice
The Council has a maximum of 12 people made up of a Chairperson, Deputy Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Director and Council members who are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Governing Council holds its meetings on the third Wednesday of each month at 6.15 pm.